To help our clients and business partners navigate this situation, we have centralized all of our COVID-19 related materials and information about webinars into one main Knowledge Centre.
To help you quickly access these materials we will be sending weekly summaries, a snapshot listing the latest national bulletins, blogs and other communications. In order to share information with our clients as quickly as possible, many of our bulletins are currently available in English only, however, the French translations will be provided as soon as possible on the COVID-19 Knowledge Centre.
Weekly Summary - March 23 - 27
Labour Employment and Human Rights
- Daily Workplace Wrap-up on COVID-19 for March 27, 2020
- Daily Workplace Wrap-up on COVID-19 for March 26, 2020
- Daily Workplace Wrap-up on COVID-19 for March 25, 2020
- Daily Workplace Wrap-up on COVID-19 for March 24, 2020
- Daily Workplace Wrap-up on COVID-19 for March 23, 2020
- The Federal Work-Sharing Program: An Alternative to Layoffs
- Implementing Temporary Layoffs
- Weekend Workplace Wrap-up on COVID-19 for March 21 and 22, 2020
Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Competing with COVID-19 - How the Government Procurement Approach is Likely to Shift
- Canada Considers Emergency Procurement Measures to Respond to COVID-19: A Primer on Canada’s Rarely Used Powers to Repurpose our Economy
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) Loan Program
- Construction Contracts In Canada
- An Overview of Insurance Coverage, Claims and Considerations Relating to the COVID-19 Outbreak
- COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS: Canadian Courts Significantly Restrict Services
- Canada Trade Update: Navigating the Challenges of COVID-19
- The COVID-19 Challenge to Bribery and Corruption Due Diligence in International M&A Transactions: Some Practical Solutions
Private Client Services
Technology & Communications
- Antirust/Competition, Foreign Investment and Marketing Law Implications of the COVID-19 Response: Practical Guidance for Business (Competition Chronicle - Blog Post)
- The Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange Provide Temporary Blanket Relief in Response to COVID-19 (Timely Disclosure - Blog Post)
- COVID-19, Government order to shut down operations and Force Majeure Clauses. What Does It Mean? What Can You Do? (Timely Disclosure - Blog Post)
- Canadian Securities Regulators Publish Local Blanket Relief Orders to Provide Market Participants Relief from Reporting Deadlines during COVID-19 (Timely Disclosure - Blog Post)
- Potential Bought Deal Market Disruption Citing COVID-19 as Grounds for Termination (Timely Disclosure - Blog Post)
- Antitrust/Competition, Foreign Investment & Marketing Laws in the Face of COVID-19: Where We Are, Where We Are Going - April 7, 2020
- Understanding Emergency Orders applicable to the Ontario Healthcare System
Please Note: Bulletins that miss the cut off for the weekly summary can be found on the COVID-19 Knowledge Centre.
We will continue to provide timely insights based on the latest developments. If there is anything we can do to assist you at this time, please reach out to your Fasken relationship partner. We are here to help.