Each transaction has its own unique set of facts and circumstances. Acquirors and sellers must be prepared to navigate an intricate landscape of corporate, securities, tax, competition (anti-trust), foreign investment and labour and employment considerations, among other things.
Fasken has extensive experience advising on all aspects of public M&A and our cross-country reach and deep roster of experts distinguishes us from other leading Canadian business law firms, conferring to our clients a real advantage.
Acquiring a Canadian Public Company provides an overview of certain legal considerations relevant to transactions involving the acquisition of a public company in Canada. The Guide contains information regarding:
- The principle methods by which an acquiror can acquire a Canadian public company
- General rules, process and timing applicable to these methods
- A target’s potential responses
- Protections afforded to minority shareholders under Canadian corporate and securities law
- The competition (anti-trust) regime applicable to acquisitions
- Special considerations for foreign acquirers