Ottawa (Canada) – Fasken Martineau, a leading international business law and litigation firm, announced today that its Ottawa office will host its fourth annual Symposium on May 13, 2014. The Symposium will take place at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa.
"We are very pleased to host our Symposium for the fourth consecutive year. Again, our event will cover a variety of subject areas and we are proud to share our expertise with Ottawa's legal professionals and non-lawyers from private and public sector organizations," said Martin Denyes, Fasken Martineau's Managing Partner for Ontario.
This year's topics are:
- 3D printing - IP issues and potential pitfalls
- The changing rules of professional conduct for the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC)
- Crowdfunding - What are the proposed regulations in Ontario and Québec?
- Independent Legal Advice (ILA) - Fundamental principles and tips
- Spectrum - Why is it important and how is it regulated?
- Canadian anti-bribery and corruption laws
- Workplace v. family expectations: when two worlds collide
This event will be held on Tuesday, May 13, 2014, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm at the National Arts Centre, Fountain Room, 53 Elgin Street in Ottawa.
Fasken Martineau's Symposium provides lawyers with educational seminars for Continuing Professional Development (CPD). By attending this complimentary half-day event, legal professionals are eligible to receive up to three hours of education that can be applied towards the Law Society of Upper Canada's CPD requirements. This program qualifies for 0.5 Professionalism Hours.
Members of the press who would like to attend the Symposium are invited to contact Karen Lafleur at (514) 397-4396 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Fasken Martineau
Fasken Martineau is a leading international business law and litigation firm. With more than 770 lawyers, the firm has offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London, Paris and Johannesburg. For additional information, please visit the firm's website at www.fasken.com.