Toronto (Canada) - Fasken Martineau, a leading international business law and litigation firm, announced today that it is hosting a seminar series on business opportunities in Iraq.
Many Canadian companies have taken a keen interest in Iraq's economic development plans, estimated at more than $1 trillion over the next decade, and are considering investing in the country.
As Canada's bilateral merchandise trade relationship with Iraq continues to grow, commercial opportunities are significantly increasing in all sectors, most notably in oil and gas, infrastructure, education, agri-food and in banking and finance.
Over the course of the seminar series, speakers will explain current business opportunities and what Canadian companies need to know about doing business in Iraq. Speakers will include:
- His Excellency, Minister Sami Al-Araji, Chairman of Iraq's National Investment Commission;
- His Excellency, Mr. Bruno Saccomani, Ambassador of Canada to Iraq and Jordan.
- Calgary – June 9, 2014: 11:30am - 2:00pm (MDT)
- Ottawa – June 12, 2014: 11:30am - 2:00pm (EDT)
- Toronto – June 13, 2014: 12:30pm - 3:00pm (EDT)
- Montréal – June 16, 2014: 8:00am - 10:30am (EDT)
- Vancouver – June 20, 2014: 11:30am - 2:00pm (PDT)
Members of the press who would like to attend one of the seminars are invited to contact Camille Boileau, Communications and Media Relations Coordinator at (514) 871-5987 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Karen Lafleur, Communications and Media Specialist at (514) 397-4393 (email@example.com).
About Fasken Martineau
Fasken Martineau is a leading international business law and litigation firm. With more than 770 lawyers, the firm has offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London, Paris and Johannesburg. For additional information, please visit the firm's website at www.fasken.com.