Ottawa (Canada) – Fasken Martineau, a leading international business law and litigation firm, announced that its sixth annual Symposium in Ottawa is taking place today.
Dozens of legal professionals and non-lawyers from private and public sector organizations are participating in today’s event, which provides lawyers with educational seminars for continuing professional development (CPD). This complimentary half-day event may be applied towards the Substantive and Professionalism Hours required by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
The Fasken Martineau Ottawa Symposium will address a variety of legal issues, such as:
- Legal issues in television regulation in Canada
- Managing the evolving dynamics of federal Liberal decision making
- 10 common pitfalls in a sale transaction
- The law of government relations (lobbying) - Professional implications for corporate counsel
- Hiring, promoting and staffing pitfalls for employers
- Managing litigation - Risk assessment and process
About Fasken Martineau
Fasken Martineau is a leading international business law and litigation firm. With more than 700 lawyers, the firm has offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London and Johannesburg. For additional information, please visit the firm's website at www.fasken.com.