Toronto (Canada) – The 2020 Best Lawyers in Canada guide has ranked Fasken as “Mining Law Firm of the Year.” The 14th edition of the publication also recognizes 229 Fasken lawyers in 60 practice areas, with a number of them being ranked in multiple sections.
This is a 29 per cent increase in the number of lawyers highlighted since last year. The full list of selected lawyers can be found here.
Furthermore, 16 of the 229 that are listed have been named “Lawyers of the Year.” They include:
- Mark Andrews, QC - Director and Officer Liability Practice
- Alex Cameron - Privacy and Data Security Law
- Pierre-Olivier Charlebois - Energy Regulatory Law
- Brent Clark - Asset-Based Lending Practice
- Magali Cournoyer-Proulx - Health Care Law
- Geoff Cowper, QC - Administrative and Public Law
- Peter Downard - Defamation and Media Law
- Brenden Hunter - Aboriginal Law
- Brian Kelsall - Project Finance Law
- Peter Kirby - International Trade and Finance Law
- Neil Kravitz - Venture Capital Law
- Jon Levin - Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Marc Novello - Equipment Finance Law
- Denis Paquin - Commercial Leasing Law
- Elias Retsinas - Real Estate Law
- John Turner - Mining Law
Manoeuvering the dynamics and cycles of the mining industry since 1890, Fasken advises on complex mining projects throughout the globe. The Fasken Global Mining Group has earned an unparalleled reputation in the industry, providing clients with full-service mining and business law guidance for over 150 years.
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is an attorney ranking service. For more than 30 years, it has identified lawyers best qualified to represent clients in various jurisdictions and specialties. The "Law Firm of the Year" awards are determined by a number of factors including feedback from other lawyers, the size and coverage of the firms in that area, historical analysis of the firm’s “Lawyer of the Year” awards, etc. The “Lawyer of the Year” awards are given to those with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region.
Fasken is a leading international law firm with more than 700 lawyers and 10 offices on four continents. Clients rely on us for practical, innovative and cost-effective legal services. We solve the most complex business and litigation challenges, providing exceptional value and putting clients at the centre of all we do. For additional information, please visit our website at fasken.com.