Toronto (Canada) – Fasken Martineau, a leading international business law and litigation firm, is proud to announce that it has won five awards and was a finalist in seventeen categories at Benchmark Canada’s awards ceremony held last night in Toronto. Fasken Martineau has been recognized by Benchmark Canada since the awards were first introduced in 2013. This year’s honours again confirm the exceptional client work and sterling reputation of our Firm’s litigation team.
Fasken Martineau won awards in the following categories:
- Arbitration Firm of the Year
- Product Liability Firm of the Year
- National Impact Case - CN v. CP
- Class Action Litigator of the Year - Andrew Borrell
- Trial Lawyer of the Year - Geoffrey Cowper Q.C.
Our Firm was also nominated in the following categories:
- British Columbia Litigator of the Year - Geoffrey Cowper Q.C.
- Ontario Litigator of the Year - Robert Harrison
- Québec Litigator of the Year - Frédéric Gilbert
- Aboriginal Law Firm of the Year
- Class Action Firm of the Year
- Energy/Resources Litigation Firm of the Year
- Insolvency Litigation Firm of the Year
- Insurance Litigation Firm of the Year
- White-Collar Crime/Enforcement Firm of the Year
- Aboriginal Litigator of the Year -Tracy Pratt, Neal Smitheman
- Arbitration Counsel of the Year - Tina Cicchetti, Gerald Ranking
- Insolvency Litigator of the Year - Alain Riendeau
- Insurance Litigator of the Year - David Rosenbaum
- Intellectual Property Litigator of the Year - Marek Nitoslawski
- Product Liability Litigator of the Year - Peter Pliszka, Martin Sheehan
- White-Collar Crime/Enforcement Litigator of the Year - Peter Mantas
- Trial Lawyer of the Year - Robert Harrison
The awards honour the best of the litigation practices listed in Benchmark Canada. The nominees are determined from both firm submissions and peer review, followed by interviews with Canadian litigators. The shortlists and subsequent winners are derived from concurrent research conducted for the 2016 edition of Benchmark Canada during the last three months of 2016.
About our Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group
Fasken Martineau’s internationally-recognized team has litigated for over a century and in multiple jurisdictions worldwide. Our lawyers have won significant trials and appeals for multinational companies, small- and medium-sized enterprises, and public bodies in a variety of industries and fields. The Firm’s litigators have extensive experience in all aspects of corporate and commercial litigation.
About Fasken Martineau
Fasken Martineau is a leading international business law and litigation firm. With more than 700 lawyers, the firm has offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London and Johannesburg. For additional information, please visit the firm's website at fasken.com.