Toronto (Canada) – Fasken Martineau, a leading international business law and litigation firm, is pleased to announce that it received six major awards at the fourth annual LMG Life Sciences Awards ceremony, held on September 14 in New York. The LMG Life Sciences Awards honour the achievements of leading life sciences lawyers, law firms and in-house counsel in the US, Canada, and Europe that have played a significant role in the sciences industry.
Recognizing the Firm’s ability to navigate the legal challenges the Life Sciences industry presents, this year the Life Sciences group took awards in three categories:
- Canadian Product Liability Firm of the Year
- Canadian Regulatory Firm of the Year
- Canadian Life Cycle firm of the Year
- Peter Pliszka, Toronto based senior partner and national chair of Fasken Martineau’s Product Liability and Insurance Practice Group, was named “Canadian Product Liability Lawyer of the Year”
- Mathieu Gagné, Montréal based partner, received the “Canadian Regulatory Attorney of the Year” designation
- Concordia Healthcare Corp. acquiring Amdipharm Mercury Limited for US$3.3 billion was recognized as “Canadian Transaction of the Year”
Fasken Martineau's Life Sciences Group recognized in Chambers Canada 2017 guide
In addition, on September 30th, Chambers and Partners released their annual rankings guide, Chambers Canada 2017. Published based on an extensive peer and client interview process, in its inaugural chapter Life Sciences chapter, Fasken Martineau’s regulatory, corporate, IP, patent litigation and product liability capabilities are listed as amongst Canada’s best. “The team impresses with its diverse practice that encompasses regulatory, corporate and IP matters in the life sciences sector. Well known for its strong product liability offering in addition to assisting clients with patent litigation arising in the space”.
- Timothy Squire, International co-chair of the Life Sciences group, is highlighted for his depth of experience advising on medical devices. He handles a range of regulatory matters as well as assisting clients with the commercialisation of health products.
- Ingrid VanderElst, Ph.D., Toronto-based partner and co-chair of the Ontario region’s Life Sciences group, is recognised for her knowledge of regulatory matters arising in the sector. In addition to compliance issues, she also ably advises on the management of IP portfolios, licensing and patent prosecution.
About Fasken Martineau
Fasken Martineau is a leading international business law and litigation firm. With more than 700 lawyers, the firm has offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London and Johannesburg. For additional information, please visit the firm's website at fasken.com.