Designing and performing corporate reorganizations in a team based approach with clients' other advisors (accountants, insurance agents, bankers, investment advisors, and other advisors), including:
- implementing estate freezes and rollovers
- performing "butterfly" (property division/transfer) transactions
- incorporating and working with inter-vivos trust planning in business structures
- carrying out amalgamations, and
- designing and implementing creative, tax-efficient corporate planning.
Setting up of corporate structures (including professional corporations such as corporate structures for physicians, dentists, realtors).
Structuring businesses to facilitate succession planning and clients' goals such as:
creditor protection (such as family law claims), and
facilitating transitions to the next generation or for the sale of a business.