In recent years, we have witnessed regulatory agencies significantly stepping up the use of their audit and investigative authority. Today, most organizations are not worried about whether they will be subject to an audit or investigation but rather when it will occur and will they be ready when it does.
Fasken invites you to our breakfast seminar that will provide practical advice about how you can be better prepared for audits and investigations and what you can do to ensure that an audit or investigation goes smoothly and efficiently, with the least disruption to the organization.
This seminar will be presented by a panel of experts from a few of Fasken’s different practice areas including competition, labour/employment/human rights (LEHR), privacy and cybersecurity, and tax.
Specific topics include:
- Competition Bureau enforcement – price-fixing, abuse of dominance and deceptive marketing investigations
- Occupational Health & Safety, Pay Equity, Employment Standards and AODA audits and inspections
- Privacy Commissioner and CRTC investigations regarding privacy breaches and violations of Canada’s Anti-Spam Law
- Are there limits on the Canada Revenue Agency’s ability to access your business records?
- At what point does a civil investigation become a criminal one?
- Best practices for preserving confidentiality and privilege
- 08:00 am – 08:30 am Registration & Breakfast
- 08:30 am – 09:30 am Tax, Competition, Labour, Employment and Human Rights topics
- 09:30 am – 09:45 am Coffee Break
- 09:45 am – 10:05 am Privacy and CASL topics
- 10:05 am – 10:40 am Panel Discussion
This is an in-person seminar only
This seminar is complimentary
Please RSVP by filling in the form below
Renseignements sur l'évenementCaitlin Murray Marketing Event Specialist +1 416 943 8976