Katherine Pollock is the Chair of the Firm’s Partnership Board. She advises and represents employers in labour, employment, human rights and business related immigration matters. Regularly appearing before Federal and Provincial administrative tribunals and the civil courts, Katherine assists clients with wrongful dismissals, human rights, workers' compensation and employment standards issues. She is frequently retained to conduct highly sensitive investigations.
A skilled trainer of employees on all aspects of employment and human rights, Katherine also arbitrates cases before interest arbitrators and in connection with private, rights-based arbitrations.
Katherine is the chair of the Board’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee. She is the founder of Fasken’s Pride Network.
Recent experience includes:
- Conducting high impact, sensitive workplace investigations
- Negotiating favourable collective agreements with a number of trade unions
- Providing strategic advice to employers on transferring employees to Canada on a permanent or temporary basis
- Providing solicitor's advice on employment and labour issues in the context of sales of businesses, whether asset purchase or share purchase
- Representing employers in courts and human rights tribunals on claims arising out of the complexities of the employment relationship
- Overseeing the training of over 1000 employees in "Respect in the Workplace" sessions