The laws and political climate of a country work in tandem to create the environment within which business enterprises operate. Canada's federal and provincial governments have together created a highly favourable atmosphere, one in which international businesses can flourish.
Fasken's Doing Business in Canada provides a concise and practical overview of the country's legal and regulatory environment. This comprehensive guide highlights the crucial issues affecting US or foreign businesses considering Canada as part of their international strategy.
In addition to providing an insightful preamble to the business and investment environment, Fasken's internationally-recognized experts impart timely information about all legal aspects of Canadian business operations.
View or download your chapter from the list below
- The Canadian Business and Investment Environment
- Establishing a Business in Canada
- Investment Policy
- Competition/Antitrust Law
- Acquiring a Canadian Business
- Financing a Business Operation
- Labour & Employment
- Pension & Employee Benefit Plans
- Directors' and Officers' Liability
- Executive Transfers and Immigration
- Privacy and Anti-Spam Laws
- Protection of Intellectual Property
- Information & Communications Technology
- Establishing a Business in Québec: Practical Considerations
- Dispute Resolution
- International Trade Law
- Indigenous Law
- Government Relations
- Government Ethics, Transparency and Political Law