Employers have a legal obligation to ensure managers and supervisors are "competent". This half-day due diligence course provides managers and supervisors with practical knowledge to identify, assess and control hazards, and effectively implement their organization's OHS management system and the legal duty under the Criminal Code will also be addressed.
This course, designed by Norm Keith, B.A., J.D., LL.M., CRSP, a leading employment and labour lawyer and author of Canadian Health & Safety Law, will assist managers and supervisors to achieve due diligence. The course focuses on:
- OHS legislation
- Legal duties and responsibilities of workplace parties
- Workers’ OHS rights to know, participate and refuse
- Authority and powers of the OHS Regulator
- Legal liability, penalties and fines
- Integrating OHS systems with managerial supervisory functions
- Hazard identification, assessment and control methods
- Review of leading court and tribunal decisions
The session will include short case studies, from real life situations in the industry, taught by lawyers and Consultants from Canada’s leading OHS practice at Fasken, a leading business and litigation firm.
This course meets the requirements of Ontario's new Regulation O. Reg. 297/13 "Basic OHS Awareness Training for Supervisors"
Managers, supervisors, OHS professionals, in-house legal counsel, human resource and operation managers.
April 27, 2020 September 21, 2020
- October 27, 2020 *ONLINE
This one day course costs $195 + HST per registrant.