The new crime of Occupational Health & Safety (“OHS”) Criminal Negligence established by the Westray Bill, on March 31, 2004, was a landmark legal development in Canada. 15 years later, it has changed the legal risk associated with workplace accidents. This half day seminar will cover the following regarding the Westray Bill:
- The duties on corporations and “senior officers”
- The criminal penalties for non-compliance
- Judicial interpretation of key aspects of the law
- How to prepare/react to a criminal investigation into a workplace accident
- How to best comply with OHS regulatory and criminal in the workplace
Norm Keith, LL.M., CRSP, is a senior partner at Fasken and is the author of Workplace Health & Safety Crimes (4th edition, Lexis Nexis) and Canadian Health & Safety Law (Canada Law Book).
Managers, supervisors, OHS professionals, in-house legal counsel, human resource and operation managers.
- Half day
April 25, 2019CANCELLED
This half day course costs $495 + HST per registrant.