This half-day seminar will provide legal and practical information to assist with the identification, assessment and prevention of workplace violence and harassment.
To help you manage this critical human resource issue, we will cover the following:
- Overview of Bill 132 requirements
- Legal definitions of violence and harassment
- Identifying and assessing workplace violence risks
- How to conduct a workplace violence risk assessment
- Legal duties of employers, supervisors and workers to prevent and manage workplace violence and harassment
- Types of liability for failing to protect workers from workplace violence and harassment
- Development of a workplace violence and harassment policy and comprehensive prevention program
- Worker training requirements
- Avoiding harassment complaints when managing employee performance
- Case law review
Ontario seminars include:
- Legal overview of Bill 168
- Practical plan for compliance with Bill 168
- Understanding and complying with the domestic violence provision set out in the Occupational Health and Safety Act - warning signs, reporting and investigating protocols and development of workplace safety plans
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
- Increase awareness of workplace violence and harassment and the harmful impacts on organizations and their employees
- Translate legislative requirements into active compliance
- Provide practical, hands-on solutions and tools
All participants will receive a complimentary copy of a sample Respect in the Workplace Policy. Participants will also receive a research memorandum that summarizes the workplace violence and harassment provisions contained in provincial and federal OHS legislation, the 2004 Criminal Victimization in the Workplace Survey completed by Statistics Canada and a copy of the jury recommendations from the Lori Dupont and OC Transpo inquests.
Human resource managers, OHS managers, supervisors and health and safety committee members.
February 20, 2018
- October 11, 2018
This half-day seminar $195 + HST per registrant.
If you are interested in having the training take place at your location, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.