Christopher Steeves is the Leader of the firm’s Tax group and is a member of the firm's Partnership Board. Frequently advising Canadian businesses in corporate restructurings and acquisitions, Christopher also assists with income tax aspects of complex domestic and cross-border financings, and financial instruments including derivatives, securities lending and collective investment funds.
With expertise in transfer pricing and the resolution of disputes with Canadian tax authorities, Christopher has worked with clients and advisors outside Canada to develop innovative, tax-efficient means of accomplishing cross-border business objectives.
Regularly speaking at industry conferences and seminars, Christopher has been an instructor for the Canadian Bar Association's course Tax Law for Lawyers, "Cross-Border Tax Issues" since 2006, and taught a course on "Transfer Pricing" for the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario. He taught at the University of Windsor, Faculty of Law, from 1999-2003. Christopher’s expertise has been recognized by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Best Lawyers in Canada, Who’s Who Legal and the International Tax Review.
Rankings and Awards
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2015 for Corporate Tax
- Legal 500 Canada 2015-2017 for Tax
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2009-2018 for Tax Law
- International Tax Review as a Tax Controversy Leader, 2011-2012
- Who's Who Legal as a leading specialist in Corporate Tax, 2010-2011, 2016
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2016 for Corporate Tax