Katherine Pollock advises and represents employers in labour, employment, human rights and business related immigration matters. Regularly appearing before Federal and Provincial administrative tribunals and the civil courts, Katherine assists clients with wrongful dismissals, human rights, workers' compensation and employment standards issues.
A skilled trainer of employees on all aspects of employment and human rights, Katherine also arbitrates cases before interest arbitrators and in connection with private, rights-based arbitrations.
Katherine has been elected to the Firm’s Partnership Board, she sits on the firm's Diversity and Inclusion Committee, she is the co-chair of our Pride Network and she is the firm's Gender Diversity Officer.
Recent experience includes:
- Negotiating favourable collective agreements with a number of trade unions
- Providing strategic advice to employers on transferring employees to Canada on a permanent or temporary basis
- Providing solicitor's advice on employment and labour issues in the context of sales of businesses, whether asset purchase or share purchase
- Representing employers in courts and human rights tribunals on claims arising out of the complexities of the employment relationship
- Overseeing the training of over 1000 employees in "Respect in the Workplace" sessions