Fasken advised Harmony Energy, a leading developer, owner and operator of utility-scale battery energy storage, on its divestment of a 60% stake in the 49.5 MW Chapel Farm and the 49 MW Jamesfield battery energy storage system (BESS) projects to global clean energy enterprise TAG Energy. Harmony retained the remaining 40% ownership.
The projects intend to increase the country’s energy storage capabilities and add flexibility and stability to the UK grid to support the transition to a clean energy future.
Once they commence operation, both the Chapel Farm and Jamesfield storage projects are anticipated to be amongst the most significant battery storage projects in the UK, with both projects using the Tesla Megapack lithium-ion batteries system, together with Tesla’s Autobidder AI software for real-time trading and control.
Fasken advised Harmony Energy with a team comprised of Guy Winter, Laura Bradley, Yanal Abul Failat and Carlie Marrows.
- United Kingdom