Mining transactions involve coordinating people, capital, property and services across different jurisdictions and time zones. Whether you are at the exploration, development or mining phase, need to secure financing, or plan to acquire other companies, Fasken Martineau’s Mining group is ready to help. We structure transactions to promote cross-border efficiencies, reduce exposure to political and regulatory risk, and facilitate financing.
With more than 120 years of mining industry experience, we have earned an unparalleled international reputation in the industry. We are consistently recognized as having more mining and mining finance experts than any other law firm.
We represent exploration and mining companies, banks and brokers, investors, and industry service providers. We also work with governments on mining related matters, having advised more than 50 developing countries.
- Capital market transactions, including IPOs
- Debt and equity finance, including project finance
- Mergers, acquisitions and dispositions
- Option, joint venture agreements and strategic alliances
- Corporate social responsibility (Aboriginal and community consultation)
- Project development and construction
- Government negotiations and strategy
- Mine permitting
- Services and supply
- Royalty creation and purchase/sale
- Offtake and streaming
- Environmental compliance and closure
- Hedging and forward sales
- Resource taxation
- Tax stabilization
- Regulatory compliance