Effective and Dynamic
Steve Saville has an active transactional practice spanning a broad range of industry sectors. He advises clients on corporate and general business matters, as well as domestic and cross-border public and private financings, mergers and acquisitions. Steve represents clients in transactions that range from routine business matters to complicated domestic and international ventures.
Collaborative and Persistent
Steve guides public and private multinational corporations and middle market businesses through regional and international transactions. Steve offers clients a proven ability to synthesize divergent interests, international laws and regulations, and the individual needs of a diverse team of professionals into a cohesive and successful unit. Steve is known for patience and perseverance designed to ultimately achieve the best result for his clients.
Steve has worked with clients around the world on equity and debt securities transactions. He has represented issuers, selling and controlling shareholders and market participants on the structuring, timing and planning of anticipated securities matters. Steve has advised on a host of securities related transactions, a sampling of which includes:
- First time listings and initial public offerings
- Private placements and Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings
- Investment grade debt offerings
- Convertible debt offerings
- Medium term note financings
- Public company Spin-outs
- Global Depositary Receipt (GDR) and American Depositary Receipt (ADR) financings
Extraordinary Commitment to Relationships
Steve also serves as general counsel to a variety of commercial enterprises, and assists clients at every stage of the business life cycle. His experience ranges from entity formation, to the buying and selling of assets, to drafting the full scope of commercial agreements needed to grow a business. Steve is highly regarded for an ability to work together with clients to make their business goals an achievable reality.
Prior to joining the firm in Vancouver, Steve worked in Fasken’s Toronto office, as well as practiced international corporate and finance law with Clifford Chance in London, England from 2006 to 2007.
Honours and Awards
- The Best Lawyers® in Canada 2016-2017 for Securities Law
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Law Firm Rankings 2017 for Banking and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Chair, Fasken Martineau Student Committee