Sean Morley is a partner in the Business Law section in the firm's Toronto office. Sean's practice focuses on project finance transactions, public private partnerships and infrastructure development.
Sean regularly advises lenders and contractors on all aspects of projects and project finance in the infrastructure sector. Among the recent infrastructure transactions in which Sean has played a key role include advising the lenders on the Humber River Regional Hospital Project, the Pan Am Athletes Village Project, the Quinte Courthouse Project, the Windsor Essex Highway Project, advising equity investors in the Ontario Provincial Police Modernization Project and the Forensic Services and Coroner's Complex Project, and advising the lenders in Partnerships BC's Surrey Pretrial Centre Project.
Sean also advises individuals and organizations on how to interact ethically with government and is a recognized expert on Ontario and Canada's lobbying reporting laws.
Prior to joining the firm in 2001 Sean was Executive Assistant and Senior Advisor to the President and CEO of the Ontario SuperBuild Corporation, the predecessor organization to Infrastructure Ontario, bringing a detailed knowledge of government, the policy development process and public policy.
Honours and Awards
- Advised on three IJGlobal Americas 2015 Deal of the Year transactions
- Director, Toronto Port Authority
- Chair of Governance and Human Relations Committee, Toronto Port Authority
- Director, University Club of Toronto
- Director and Treasurer, Clean Water Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association