Corina Weigl’s practice is focused on estate and family business succession planning. Developing customized strategies for wills, trusts, as well as estate administration and domestic contracts, Corina leverages legal and tax regimes to protect multi-jurisdictional property and family interests.
Corina relies on a variety of tools to implement structures designed to facilitate a successful estate and business succession plan for clients. She also provides strategic advice to executors, trustees and beneficiaries in respect of ongoing administration issues or when faced with litigation regarding fiduciary accounts.
Corina also advises on charities and not-for-profit considerations, advising clients on legislative, tax and regulatory implications.
Named a “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in Canada, Corina has also been recognized with Lexpert’s “Zenith Award” for her pro bono work for SEDI.
Rankings and Awards
- Martindale Hubbell Rating of BV Distinguished in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards
- Chambers Canada 2016 and 2017 for Private Client
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2014-2018 for Trusts and Estates
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2015-2016 for Private Client
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2010-2016 for Estate & Personal Tax Planning and 2013-2016 Charities/Not-for-Profit-Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2002-2006 recognized as "Up and Coming" in Estate & Personal Tax Planning/Estate Litigation
- Ontario Bar Association Hoffstein Book Prize 2008-2009 in recognition of leadership and contribution to the estates and trusts bar
- Lexpert Zenith award for pro bono work for SEDI (now known as Prosper Canada), an organization promoting financial literacy in Canada
- OBA Law Foundation, Widdifield Award for her paper on The Prudent Investor Rule and Modern Portfolio Theory, 2015