Hiva is an associate lawyer in Fasken’s Vancouver office, practicing in the Wills and Estate Group.
Prior to joining Fasken, Hiva worked at a mid-sized downtown law firm, where she provided legal services on a wide range of wealth preservation and estate matters.
Hiva’s experience includes:
- preparation of wills, testamentary trust agreements, powers of attorney, and representation agreements;
- preparation of alter ego, joint partner, and disability trusts;
- preparation of family agreements (pre-nuptial and cohabitation agreements);
- estate administration services, including application to obtain grant of probate or administration; and
- providing legal advice with respect to trusts, tax, and preserving and maximizing government disability assistance in the context of estate planning.
Hiva also has estate litigation experience. She has appeared as counsel in BC Supreme Court on committeeship applications, wills variation claims, obtaining a death declaration for a missing person, and resolving disputes between beneficiaries and trustees. Hiva’s litigation background has been a powerful tool for protecting her clients’ interests in estate planning.
Hiva believes that knowledge brings empowerment. She has demonstrated her passion to empower the community by providing numerous estate planning seminars for families with disabled relatives. As a law student, she also volunteered her time with Access Pro Bono, providing legal services for the underprivileged.
Hiva is fluent in Farsi.