Johanna Fipke is a Partner in Vancouver and a core member of the Firm’s Global Mining Group. She regularly advises major and junior mining companies, as well as private equity firms and lenders that do business in the mining space. Johanna often takes on lead advisory roles in multi-million and billion dollar international transactions and has been repeatedly recommended as a leading practitioner in mining by Lexpert®.
Johanna’s diplomatic and flexible approach in negotiating and closing complex transactions make her a stand-out in the mining industry. Clients appreciate Johanna’s commitment to giving sensible, commercial solutions to the challenges that arise at all stages of the mining cycle and throughout commercial transactions.
Some recent clients Johanna has advised include Teck, Northern Star, De Beers, First Quantum, Orion Mine Finance, Newcastle Gold, Agnico Eagle Mines, and AuRico Gold, as well as many others.
Johanna has been recognized in the 2018 edition of Women in Mining’s Top 100 Global Inspirational Women in Mining .
Expertise in Mining Law
Johanna has significant experience on a wide variety of industry transactions and mining law matters, including:
- mergers, acquisitions and commercial transactions involving domestic and international mining companies and properties
- drafting and negotiating mining and industry agreements, including purchase agreements, options, joint ventures, shareholder agreements, royalties, security agreements, as well as a variety of other agreements
- leading due diligence teams on the review of mining companies, mineral properties, including managing the due diligence processes efficiently and in a cost-effective manner
- project finance
- title opinions and jurisdiction specific advice regarding security packages required for financing
- project development, permitting and land tenure expertise
Clients admire Johanna’s ability to see the big picture, analyze the critical facets of a transaction, and resolve the issues before proceeding. Johanna filters complex information for clients and offers solutions that protect their business assets. Her many long term relationships in the mining industry contribute to her completing successful deals for clients.