John Kruk’s practice is focused on investment funds and other products and services offered by investment managers. He advises clients on how to set up, market, manage and restructure these products and services.
John assists clients with a wide range of investment products and services, whether intended for retail Canadian investors, institutions or anywhere in between. The products range from conventional mutual funds to sophisticated, unique solutions. John also has expertise with less common arrangements such as hedge funds, mortgage investment corporations and segregated funds. Advising clients on compliance requirements also is a large part of John’s practice. Beyond products, John also assists clients with buying, selling and reorganizing investment management businesses.
Recognized for his expertise by Chambers Global, John has also been ranked in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.
Rankings and Awards
- Chambers Canada 2016 and 2017 for Investment Funds
- The 2015-2017 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada for Investment Funds
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2015-2018 for Mutual Funds Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2013-2017 for Investment Funds & Asset Management
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2014 for Toronto Mutual Funds Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Recognized as an Acritas Star™ Lawyer 2016