Mike Coburn is a tax Partner in Vancouver. His practice includes advising Canadian and international clients on a broad range of tax matters. Clients look to Mike for his extensive experience with a myriad of tax issues including tax implications and structuring of mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, financings and other business transactions.
Both corporate and personal tax clients trust Mike to provide the most efficient and effective means of completing a transaction. In addition to his transaction experience, Mike assists clients with:
- structuring mutual funds trusts, mortgage investment corporations, unit trusts and other tax-orientated vehicles
- tax-effective reorganizations of both private and public companies
- disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency and other taxing authorities
- structuring both “in-bound” and “out-bound” cross-border investments
- providing legal opinions on questions of tax law
- providing general advice on a variety of on-going compliance matters
Mike is an active member of the Canadian tax community and regularly presents at Canadian Tax Foundation, International Bar Association, CPA Canada and Continuing Legal Education BC events.