Toronto (Canada) - Fasken’s M&A group was ranked #1 in the Canadian Mid-Year 2020 league table rankings. The Firm was ranked first by Mergermarket and Refinitiv (formerly Thomson Reuters) by deal count.
The Firm advised on numerous significant M&A deals across a multitude of industries in 2020 to date, including:
- Leagold Mining Corporation and its special committee in its sale to Equinox Gold
- ADVANZ Pharma in its acquisition of Correvio Pharma
- Champlain Financial Corporation and GL Capital Inc. in their acquisition of Hardware Agencies and Serrubec Inc. and McGregor Hardware Distribution from AccessSMT
- DarkVision Technologies Inc., an early stage industrial acoustic imaging company, in its sale to Koch Engineered Solutions
- Caisse de Dépôt et Placement du Québec (CDPQ) in its acquisition of Plenary Americas
- Unbounce Marketing Solutions Inc. in its majority ownership sale to US private equity firm Crest Rock Partners
- Novacap and its portfolio company Bestar in its acquisition of Bush Industries
“We are humbled and honoured that so many companies trust our lawyers with their most important and complex corporate transactions,” said John Turner, Leader of the Firm’s Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions group.
The mid-year M&A league table performance reflects the group’s global reach, broad industry expertise, deep bench strength and collection of specialist lawyers.
Fasken’s M&A group has expertise in a variety of industries, with clients ranging from startups to industry leaders, including private equity funds, strategic buyers, boards of directors and independent committees, professional service firms, family businesses and their shareholders, as well as public companies listed on stock exchanges throughout the world. More than 100 Fasken lawyers focus on advancing M&A strategies for clients every day. Another 600 are available to step in with specific advice on tax strategies, competition and foreign investment laws, acquisition financing, labour and employment, corporate finance, intellectual property, foreign corrupt practices and government relations. This makes the Fasken M&A team one of the largest and most integrated in Canada and elsewhere.
Fasken is a leading international law firm with more than 750 lawyers and ten offices on four continents. Our clients rely on us for practical, innovative and cost-effective legal services. We solve the most complex business and litigation challenges, providing exceptional value. For additional information, please visit the firm’s website at fasken.com.