Toronto (Canada) – Fasken maintained its leading position as a legal advisor for M&A and capital markets transactions in the first quarter of 2023, according to newly released benchmark league tables.
Overall, for Q1 the Firm garnered eleven No.1 rankings as a legal advisor for mergers and acquisitions and capital markets from data-analytics companies Refinitiv, Bloomberg, Mergermarket, and Financial Post.
Among the highlights of the Q1 league tables for M&A transactions:
- Refinitiv ranked Fasken No.1 for both completed and announced deals with any Canadian involvement based on deal count; No.1 for mid-market deals with any Canadian involvement based on deal count (up to $500M), and No.1 for small-cap deals with any Canadian involvement based on deal count (up to $50M)
- Bloomberg ranked Fasken No.1 for announced Canadian M&A deals by deal count; also ranked No.1 for Canadian mid-market by deal count (up to $500M and up to $250M)
- Mergermarket ranked Fasken No.1 for Canadian M&A deals by deal count
In Q1 capital markets league tables, Fasken also continued to hold leading position:
- Bloomberg ranked Fasken No.1 in two categories by deal count: Canada equity offerings – legal advisor; Canada equity IPO – legal advisor
- Financial Post ranked Fasken No.1 Canadian legal counsel on equity offerings as advisor to issuer, by deal count
In addition to these strong national results, each of Refinitiv, Bloomberg and Mergermarket rank Fasken in the top 10 law firms in the world for M&A activity in Q1.
“In this challenging economic climate, clients are placing a premium on law firms with the expertise to get their deals across the finish line. We continue to be proud of the trust our clients place in us to help them with their most important transactions”, said Sean Stevens, Co-Leader of the Firm’s Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions group.
Sarah Gingrich, Co-Leader of the Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions group, added: “These results – which have now been sustained for 3 years – are evidence of our team’s deep bench strength, specialized expertise and the priority we place on excellent client service. Results like these can only be achieved when clients keep coming back deal after deal.”
Fasken’s M&A practice is among Canada’s largest, with more than 200 dedicated lawyers, and another 550 industry and subject matter specialists available to step in with advice on tax strategies, competition and foreign investment laws, acquisition financing, labour and employment, corporate finance, intellectual property, foreign corrupt practices and government relations, among other specialty areas.
Fasken is a leading international law firm with more than 800 lawyers and 10 offices on four continents. Clients rely on us for practical and innovative legal services. We provide results-driven strategies to solve the most complex business and litigation challenges. For additional information, please visit the Firm’s website at fasken.com.