Richard Steinberg’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. Richard advises targets, buyers and investors in both solicited and unsolicited transactions, with a particular expertise in cross-border transactions. Richard’s corporate finance practice is focused on structured and cross-border financings, with extensive experience acting for both underwriters and issuers. Richard is the International Chair of Fasken’s Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
Richard also advises companies, directors and shareholders on proxy contests and on a broad range of corporate governance and securities compliance matters.
As a member of the Senior Securities Lawyers Advisory Group of the Ontario Securities Commission and a former member of the Securities Advisory Committee of the Commission, Richard has provided insights to the Commission on legislative and policy initiatives, as well as capital market trends.
Richard is a former lecturer at the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto and is frequently invited to speak at professional conferences on various aspects of securities law in Canada and the United States.
Richard’s securities and mergers and acquisitions expertise is recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and others.
Rankings and Awards
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2018 for Securities Law
- Who's Who Legal Canada 2016
- Legal 500 Canada 2014-2016 for Corporate and M&A
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012-2017 for Corporate Finance & Securities and Corporate Mid-Market
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2015-2016 for Mergers & Acquisitions
- Legal 500 Canada 2016 for Capital Markets
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Law Firm Rankings guide 2014-2016 for Mergers and Acquisitions