This three day course is the first of two steps in becoming a fully certified Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) member. In Ontario, JHSCs are required, by law, to have at least two (2) certified members.
In this course you will learn about:
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act
- The roles and responsibilities of the workplace parties under the Act
- Functions and powers of the JHSC
- Work refusals and work stoppages
- Workplace inspections and investigations
- Hazard recognition, assessment, control and evaluation
- How to make effective recommendations to the employer
- The role of the Ministry of Labour Training and Skills Development
The course is only available in person and there is no webinar option
PLEASE NOTE: For everyone’s safety, Fasken requires anyone on-site at our Canadian offices to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. This applies to lawyers, staff, clients, service providers and other visitors.
Visitors are also required to fill out a Health Declaration and Access form prior to entering our offices.
8:30 am - 4:30 pm (ET) Program
Managers, supervisors, OHS professionals, in-house legal counsel and business owners
This half day course costs $495 + HST per registrant
A secured online payment link will follow after registration
- Registration fees are not refundable. A credit may be issued in certain circumstances
- No credits will be issued for no shows
- No credits will be issued for cancellations less than 24 hours before a course
- Participants can request a one-time deferral and the credit must be used before the end of the calendar year. Requests for a deferral must be made 24 hours prior to the start of the course. If the course is only offered once that year, the credit can be applied to another OHS course within that same calendar year
- In the event that Fasken cancels a course, the participant can choose either a credit or a refund for the course amount