Andrew Nunes’ corporate and commercial practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, joint ventures, business partnerships, outsourcings and other transactions, particularly in the technology sector.
From blue-chip corporations to leading-edge technology companies, Andrew assists clients with traditional and online transactions and compliance issues, for Canadian and US based organizations.
Andrew regularly advises clients on the development, protection and exploitation of technology products and services. Andrew also provides key insights into legislative regimes in the IT and e-commerce space. He also supports the acquisition, implementation, licensing, distribution, maintenance, support, and hosting of technology.
Andrew also advises on business formations, corporate governance and compliance issues for large and small business.
A regular author and frequent speaker on technology and commercial law topics, Andrew is also on the Editorial Board for The Canadian Institute IT Law & Technology Transactions Review. Past Chair of the Ontario Association IT and E-Commerce Section, he is also a prior member of the OBA Council. Andrew currently sits on the Board of Directors of TechConnex (formerly the York Technology Alliance).
Andrew’s expertise is recognized by Chambers Global and Chambers Canada, along with other rankings.
Rankings and Awards
- Recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada 2018 for Information Technology Law
- Ranked by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory for Technology Transactions (repeatedly recommended) (2015-2016)
- Recognized as one of the world's leading Information Technology lawyers in Canada by The International Who's Who Legal of Information Technology Lawyers (2013), Who's Who Legal: Canada (2013, 2014, 2015) and Who's Who Legal 100 (2014, 2015)
- Ranked individually and recognized as a notable practitioner for Fasken Martineau (Band 2) for Information Technology by Chambers Canada (2016, 2017)
- Recognized by Chambers Global for Information Technology in Canada (2016, 2017)
- Recommended lawyer for Technology Law in Canada by PLC Which Lawyer? International
- Recognized in the Lexpert 2014 Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers as a Corporate Lawyer to Watch
- Recognized as a Lexpert "Rising Star: Leading Lawyer Under 40" in Canada (2013)