Brad Moore specializes in corporate, securities, transactional and financial services litigation. Brad regularly represents investment dealers, registered representatives and other market participants in civil and regulatory proceedings. Brad also frequently acts on matters involving shareholder disputes, and in statutory plan of arrangement proceedings.
Brad has appeared before both levels of the Federal Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Superior Court of Justice and the Provincial Court of Justice, as well as before the Ontario Securities Commission, the Investment Industry Organization of Canada (IIROC), and the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA). He has also represented clients in lengthy and complex international and domestic commercial arbitrations.
Brad’s experience includes a secondment to a large financial institution, where he managed securities litigation for the institution's wealth management business and advised on a broad range of securities-related matters.
Brad is presently serving a three-year term as a member of the Ontario Securities Commission's Securities Proceedings Advisory Committee, which provides comment and advice on a variety of policy and procedural initiatives relating to proceedings before the OSC’s administrative tribunal.
From 2013 to 2018, Brad served as a Vice Chair of the firm's Ontario Litigation Department.
Recently Brad was recognized by Chambers and Partners as “Up and Coming” in securities litigation. His expertise has also been recognized by Benchmark Litigation Canada and The Best Lawyers in Canada.
Featured Representative Experience
- Co-counsel to senior registrant in the successful defence of an insider trading enforcement proceeding before the Ontario Securities Commission
- Co-counsel to several wealth management affiliates of a major bank in connection with a landmark no-contest settlement with Ontario Securities Commission
- Counsel to a major investment dealer in the successful defence, via summary judgment, of a complex negligence claim
- Co-counsel to a public company in an enforcement proceeding by the Ontario Securities Commission relating to continuous disclosure
- Co-counsel (litigation) to First Quantum Minerals Ltd. in connection with the $5.1 billion unsolicited bid for Inmet Mining Corporation
- Co-counsel to a major railway company in connection with a $100 million claim by its competitor relating to alleged misuse of confidential information