Brad Moore specializes in securities and financial services litigation. Brad regularly represents investment dealers, registered representatives and other market participants in civil and regulatory proceedings, Brad also frequently represents issuers in proceedings to obtain court approval for complex plans of arrangement.
Brad has broad advocacy experience, having appeared before both levels of the Federal Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Superior Court of Justice and the Provincial Court of Justice in numerous significant matters, as well as before the Ontario Securities Commission, the Investment Industry Organization of Canada (IIROC), and the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA). He has also represented clients in lengthy and complex international and domestic arbitrations.
Brad’s experience includes a secondment to a large financial institution, where he managed securities litigation for the institution's wealth management business and advised on a broad range of securities-related matters.
From 2013 to 2018, Brad served as a Vice Chair of the firm's Ontario Litigation Department.
In 2017, Brad was recognized by Benchmark Canada as “Future Star” in both Ontario and Canada.
Featured Representative Experience
- Co-counsel to several wealth management affiliates of a major bank in connection with a landmark no-contest settlement with Ontario Securities Commission
- Counsel to a major investment dealer in the successful defence, via summary judgment, of a complex negligence claim
- Co-counsel to a public company in an enforcement proceeding by the Ontario Securities Commission relating to continuous disclosure
- Co-counsel (litigation) to First Quantum Minerals Ltd. in connection with the $5.1 billion unsolicited bid for Inmet Mining Corporation
- Co-counsel to a major railway company in connection with a $100 million claim by its competitor relating to alleged misuse of confidential information