Christopher Rae is a civil and commercial litigator. He has broad experience litigating matters involving complex contract disputes, fraud and governance issues, product liability, employment issues (particularly those involving departing employees and post-employment obligations), professional negligence and insurance and insurance brokering.
Christopher regularly represents clients across a range of industries, including mining, automotive, transportation (including railway, trucking, and aviation), entertainment, government, construction, insurance, professional services, and manufacturers, distributors and retailers of consumer and food products.
Christopher has significant expertise handling matters requiring urgent and extraordinary relief, including injunctions and Anton Piller orders. Christopher recently acted as lead litigation counsel nationally and in Ontario to Canada Post Corporation, in which the firm succeeded in obtaining injunctions in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Québec to bring an end to the widely reported unlawful blockade activities which took place in November and December 2018.
Christopher has been counsel on a number of significant and high-profile litigation matters, including Canada Post Corporation v. John Doe et al., Canadian National Railway Company v. Canadian Pacific Railway Company (a case recognized by Benchmark Canada as one of five "Impact Cases of the Year"), Jetport Inc. v. Jones Brown Inc., Choc et al. v. HudBay Minerals Inc., and Jacobs et al. v. Ontario Medical Association.
Christopher is actively engaged in pro bono work and is currently the Coordinator of the firm’s litigation pro bono programs in Toronto. Christopher is also a Co-Chair of the firm’s United Way fundraising campaign.
- Jacobs v. Ontario Medical Association, 2016 ONSC 4977
- Canadian National Railway Company v. Canadian Pacific Railway Company, 2015 ONSC 6843
- HMQ in Right of Ontario v. Canadian Pacific Railway Company 2015 ONSC 7437
- Carioca's Import & Export Inc. v. Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, 2015 ONCA 592
- Lorenzo Girones v. Marsh Canada Limited, 2014 ONSC 7072
- Carioca’s Import & Export Inc. v. Canadian Pacific Railway Limited, 2014 ONSC 4818
- Greenbanktree Power Corporation v. Coinmatic Canada Inc., 2013 ONSC 4977
- Jetport v. Jones Brown Inc., 2013 ONSC 2740
- Jetport v. Global Aerospace, 2013 ONSC 1898
- McKay v. Canadian National Railway 2013 CarswellOnt 4031
- Choc v. Hudbay Minerals Inc. et al., 2013 ONSC 998
- Ford v. Toronto (Compliance Audit Committee), 2012 ONCJ 92 (CanLII)