Fasken Martineau and the George Morris Centre are pleased to invite you to participate in an exciting new seminar on the Future for the Canadian, and Ontario Agriculture and Agri-businesses. With over 22 years as Canada’s national agri-food think tank, the seminar will be led by the expert team from the George Morris Centre. The George Morris Centre has been providing concise updates on key developments within this major economic sector, as well as superior insights on major trends and implications affecting the industry, key players, investors, consumers, and policy makers.
Moderated by The Honourable James Peterson, P.C. former Minister for International Trade.
Topics to be covered:
Global Agri-Food Market Dynamics and Trade Flows: An overview of the changes and challenges in global supply and demand and policies that address those changes and challenges.
Presented by Kate Stiefelmeyer (George Morris Centre)
- Global Trade and Market Access: Agriculture in Canada’s Free Trade Agreements: where we are and where we are going.
Presented by Peter Kirby (Fasken Martineau)
- Agri-Food Sector Responses: Changes in Industry Demographics and Financial Trends: Canadian and Ontarian initiatives and trends in agri-food.
Presented by Al Mussell (George Morris Centre)
- Market and Policy Implications for Stakeholders: What it all means for Ontario’s farmers, processors, consumers and investors.
Presented by Bob Seguin (George Morris Centre)
Who should attend?
- Members from agriculture and agri-businesses industry
- Agri-food regulators, policy makers and commentators
- Investors seeking new profitable opportunities within the agriculture, and agri-food businesses industry
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:15 am Presentations and Q&A
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
This event has passed - registration is closed.