Amendments to the Ontario Mining Act have introduced a new regime for exploration in Ontario. This seminar will explore legal and practical implications of the legislation and offer tips for manoeuvring through the system.
Topics to be covered include:
- Amendments to the Mining Act
- Requirements for exploration permits
- Strategies for exploration permit applications
- Consultation in the context of exploration permit applications
- Amendments to closure plan requirements
- The recent S.C.C. decision in Moulton respecting self help and its relevance to the new regime
Michael Bourassa, Neal Smitheman, Tracy Pratt, Rosalind Cooper
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Presentation and Q&A
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
This seminar is free of charge.
The event has passed - Registration is closed.
For more information
+1 416 868 3511