Fasken Martineau is pleased to invite you to attend its annual Symposium on Wednesday, October 30, 2013. This complimentary half-day event provides corporate counsel with accredited educational seminars for continuing professional development.
Symposium 2013 will enable corporate counsel to accumulate up to three (3) hours of accredited learning activities that qualify under the Law Society of British Columbia's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from recognized legal professionals, speak and consult with our lawyers, network with peers, and collect eligible CPD credits.
CPD accreditation for Symposium 2013 has been approved for up to 3.0 CPD credit hours with the Law Society of British Columbia, the Law Society of Saskatchewan, the Law Society of Upper Canada and le Barreau du Québec. (For lawyers called in Ontario, please note that our Ethics sessions are only eligible for Substantive Hours – not Professionalism Hours.) Attendees called in these jurisdictions may be eligible to claim their CPD credits with these respective law societies.
Symposium offers a unique forum that is second to none! Please select one workshop from each of the following tracks:
- Workers’ Compensation Act: How Employers Can Respond to the Rapidly Changing Legal Landscape
- Resource Companies and First Nation Agreement Transparency
- Confidentiality and Privilege (Ethics) (SESSION FULL)
- The Current State of Proxy Contests in Canada
- The Investment Canada Act and the Activities of State Owned Enterprises
- Everything You Wanted To Know About Business Insurance But Were Afraid To Ask (SESSION FULL)
- Enterprise-wide Risk Management
- What In-house Counsel Need to Know about Dealing with Insolvent Companies
- Responding to Potential Unethical or Illegal Activities (Ethics)
- 7:30 am | Registration and Hot Breakfast
- 8:30 am | Workshops Begin
- 12:30 pm | Lunch to Go
This is an in-person event.
This event is complimentary.
This event has passed - registration is now closed.
For more information:
Marketing Events Coordinator
+1 604 631 3296