Don’t miss Fasken Martineau’s 6th Symposium, a unique training activity for in-house counsel in Québec.
This is a perfect opportunity to upgrade your skills in one of our many workshops on the latest legal developments and corporate topics while networking with more than 600 other professionals.
Creativity and innovation being the theme, our guest of honor for this edition of the symposium will be Mr. Jean-François Bouchard, President of Sid Lee, a great Quebecois success.
7:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Registration and Breakfast
8:30 a.m. - 9:25 a.m. | Workshop details
- Maintaining and developing head offices in Québec: presentation and discussion of the recommendations made by the Task Force on the Protection of Québec Businesses (PDF Document - Task Force on the Protection of Québec Businesses: The Maintenance and Development of Head Offices in Québec)
- Privacy and Canada’s Anti-Spam Act: how can your organization market itself in the age of e-communications and statutes that are aimed at restricting commercial solicitation?
- Hydrocarbons on Anticosti – Legal issues
9:45 a.m. - 10:40 a.m. | Workshop details
- Merger and acquisition trends : Representations and warranties
- What general counsel need to know and do about international anti-corruption and bribery rules
- May the best win! (recent developments in labour and employment law)
11:00 a.m. - 11:55 a.m. | Workshop details
- Crowdfunding 101 : Raising Capital on the Internet
- How to start building a patent portfolio: Example of business methods and software patents
- Mediation, arbitration or the court: how to sort things out and make the right choices
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. | Learn more
- Luncheon conference with Jean-François Bouchard
Note: This activity is recognized by the Québec Bar as part of the mandatory continuing legal education policy.