There has been 10 years of OHS criminal negligence cases under the Bill C-45 Amendments to the Criminal Code across Canada… and more charges to come!
This half-day seminar will include the following:
- The OHS duty under s. 217.1 of the Criminal Code
- Who investigates and lays OHS Criminal Negligence charges
- The Metron Construction case analyzed
- The critical role of senior officers in protecting their organizations
- Review of resolved and pending Bill C-45 cases
- R. v. Fantini - first individual charged reviewed
- R. v. Transpavé Inc. - first organization convicted
- How to prove you have taken "reasonable steps" to ensure legal compliance
- How Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) now relates to Bill C-45 charges
- How to prevent workplace accidents and liability
Prepared by Norm Keith, author of Workplace Health and Safety Crimes (3rd Edition), the only book in Canada on Bill C-45, and leading OHS defense counsel.
EHS managers, Chief Risk Officers, HR managers, Risk Managers, In-House Counsel, health and safety committee members, and Senior Operations Managers.
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am Registration and Breakfast
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Program
This is an in-person course.
The cost of this seminar is $195 plus HST per registrant.
Please RSVP by filling in the form below.
For more information:
+1 416 943 8976