Premier Kathleen Wynne just announced that comprehensive changes to Ontario’s Lobbyists Registration Act will take effect in July. One of the changes makes company CEOs liable for lobbyist registration. The new rules – together with increased enforcement – will create greater compliance risk for businesses, organizations and consultants. Are you compliance ready?
Ontario’s revised lobbying law will affect more than professional lobbyists. Officers, employees and directors of corporations and organizations that communicate with government officials are also subject to lobbying laws. Overall responsibility for compliance falls on the CEO.
This exclusive seminar, delivered by the country's leading legal experts on the regulation of lobbying, provides in-depth focus on compliance with the newly updated Lobbyists Registration Act. It is the place to ensure your business or organization is prepared.
Topics to be covered
- Newly revised Lobbyists Registration Act (Ontario)
- Protect the CEO: compliance planning for your business or organization
- Responding to investigations and enforcement action
- Internal policies
- Contracts between lobbyists and clients
- Plus: New municipal lobbying rules in Ontario
Who should attend
- Business leaders
- Government relations executives and managers
- In-house counsel
- Staff and directors of non-profit associations
- Public affairs consultants
What People are saying
Click to read what people say about Guy Giorno and previous Fasken Martineau Lobbying Law Seminars.
The cost of this seminar is $240 plus HST per registrant. An invoice will be sent via email upon completion of registration.
Participants will receive breakfast and the following:
- A detailed presentation led by Canada's leading legal expert on the regulation of lobbying, Guy Giorno
- Exclusive materials
- In-depth question and answer session
Fasken Martineau is pleased to offer its clients a 10% discount off the cost of this seminar. Contact email@example.com for further details prior to registering.
• 7:45 am - 8:00 am Registration and Breakfast
• 8:00 am - 9:30 am Seminar with Q&A
• 9:30 am - 10:00 am One-on-one follow up with presenters (optional)
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
As an alternative to our public seminars, we also provide custom in-house training for companies and organizations. Exclusive seminar and materials tailored to your needs. Unlimited number of participants. Discussion in a confidential forum. Permission to record the live presentation for your future use. Fee: $7,995 plus HST. Contact Guy Giorno, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Please RSVP by May 30, 2016, by filling in the form below
For more information
+1 416 943 8976