Fasken is pleased to invite you to this training session on the new property assessment roll coming into force.
On the agenda:
- Review of the main steps to follow when challenging your property assessment (application for administrative review, proceedings before the Administrative Tribunal of Québec, appeal to the Court of Québec)
- Comments on recent municipal taxation decisions.
Did you know?
- The City of Montréal recently deposited the new 2017-2018-2019 property assessment roll for properties located in the City of Montréal and all other municipalities on the Island of Montréal. The roll is set to come into force on January 1, 2017. The values entered on the roll purportedly represent the property market value on July 1, 2015.
- The deadline for filing an application for review with the municipal body responsible for assessment (MBRA) with respect to the 2017-2018-2019 roll is April 30, 2017.
- If you fail to apply for a review, you may not challenge the value entered on the roll at a later date, even if taxes increase in 2018 and 2019. In addition, the taxable value of your property used to calculate your municipal and school taxes could continue to increase in 2018 and 2019 compared to 2017 due to the averaging rules. No action may be taken before the Administrative Tribunal of Québec unless there has first been an application for review.
This training session is an invitation only event. For all queries, please contact Virginie Razungles at 514 397 5182 or firstname.lastname@example.org.