Courts, arbitrators and tribunals have set a very high bar for what constitutes cause. This has left managers, human resource professionals and legal professionals asking the question: can employers ever successfully terminate for cause?
In this seminar employers will learn that yes, they can terminate for cause in numerous circumstances, provided strategies are in place to gather evidence and effectively communicate the termination.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Most Common Grounds for “Just Cause” Including:
- Theft and Dishonesty;
- Safety Infractions;
- Terminating for Conduct Outside the Workplace Including Misuse of Social Media;
- Performance Management;
- Employers' Duty to Warn;
- Investigating and Documenting Employee Misconduct;
- Special Considerations for Unionized Employers; and
- Communicating Just Cause Terminations
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto.
Webinar Recording: If you are unable to attend the session but wish to receive the webinar recording, please register for the webinar. The recording will be sent via email post-event.
This seminar is complimentary
Please RSVP by filling in the form below