Employment and labour law changes in Ontario have been happening at a dizzying pace since 2017. In this legislative update, you will hear from and interact with the former Director of Policy to the Minister of Labour who oversaw Bill 148, current Ministry of Labour officials, and our Fasken experts on all the various changes made and what they mean for employers in Ontario.
Specific topics include:
- The introduction of Bill 148 and its “repeal”
- The current requirements of employment standards legislation
- The state of the law of unionization in Ontario after significant changes
- Tools available to employers to ensure compliance with the current Employment Standards Act, 2000
- The state of Ontario’s Pay Transparency Act and consultations
- Feedback on the various changes made to Ontario’s labour and employment legislation
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto
Webinar Recording: If you are unable to attend the session but wish to receive the webinar recording, please register for the webinar. The recording will be sent via email post-event.
This seminar is complimentary
Please RSVP by filling in the form below