What is an employer to do when an employee’s behaviour or performance does not meet expectations? In this seminar, we will delve into a review of the fundamental principles of progressive discipline and provide practical tips to equip you to address disciplinary and performance issues in your workplace. While progressive discipline is most commonly deployed in unionized workplaces, this seminar will provide useful strategies for both unionized and non-unionized settings.
In this session, we will:
- Review the purpose and importance of progressive discipline,
- Consider when and how to implement progressive discipline,
- Canvas considerations when taking disciplinary action, including accommodation and human rights considerations,
- Provide tips on communicating effectively with employees when issuing discipline,
- Consider non-disciplinary strategies for addressing poor performance,
- Consider when and how to impose performance improvement plans, and
- Review examples of performance improvement plans that work.
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
- 8:00 - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 - 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A
You can participate in this seminar on-line via webinar, or by attending in-person at our office in Toronto
Webinar Recording: If you are unable to attend the session but wish to receive the webinar recording, please register for the webinar. The recording will be sent via email post-event.
Please note that the Ontario Bar doesn’t issue certificates for seminars that have been viewed after the original seminar date. The current recording of the seminar is sent for information purposes only.
This seminar is complimentary