This forum will cover cutting-edge topics relating to the law and business of the video game industry. Panels of accomplished speakers from Canada and the United States will address the latest industry-related intellectual property updates, privacy developments, immigration and employment issues, as well as government incentives and tax advantage
The keynote address will be given by distinguished psychiatrist Tyler Black, MD, FRCPC, who will speak on the topic of video game addiction and the World Health Organization’s recent decision to list it as a recognized disorder. Panel highlights will also include a privacy Q&A with Jennifer Stoddart, Canada’s former Privacy Commissioner.
The full list of topics to be covered during this exciting day will include:
- Employment and immigration issues in the video game industry
- Privacy Q&A with former Privacy Commissioner Jennifer Stoddart
- Government funders and enablers
- Current key deal and licensing issues
- Intellectual property update