As governments across Canada announce plans for the re-opening of their economies, many employees will want to continue to work remotely for various reasons and employers are considering whether a temporary employee remote work arrangement can or should be transitioned into a permanent one. In this COVID-19 Employment Update, we will discuss the following topics relevant to employers across the country as they consider the legal and practical considerations and risks associated with remote work arrangements:
- Lessons learned from remote work during COVID-19;
- Factors to consider when deciding whether to extend remote work arrangements;
- How occupational health and safety obligations apply to remote work;
- Human rights issues, including the duty to accommodate; and
- Strategies for managing performance of remote employees.
During registration, please submit questions in advance and let us know which COVID-19-related topics are important to you. You will receive a reminder email with webinar login details on June 2nd.
- 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm ET Webinar and Q&A
This event is accessible by webinar.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.