New technologies around electric mobility are being researched, tested and implemented in the Toronto Region. Given our strong supply chain networks and our position as one of the world’s leading regions for automotive research, innovation and manufacturing, global manufacturers that wish to tap into one of the largest transit markets in North America can find the opportunities, talent and funding in the Toronto Region.
This program is co-hosted by Fasken, The Japan Society and Toronto Global in cooperation with JETRO San Francisco, JETRO Toronto and the Toronto Japanese Association of Commerce and Industry (Toronto Shokokai).
- Asami Okusawa, Executive Director, The Japan Society
- Mark Stinson, Partner and Leader of the Asia Pacific Group, Fasken
- Johnny Tan, Director, Asia Pacific, Toronto Global (Moderator)
- Steven Rosenhek, Partner and Chair of the Automotive Group, Fasken
- Prof. Cristina Amon, Professor (Mechanical & Industrial Engineering), University of Toronto
- Dr. Carlos Da Silva, Research Associate, ATOMS Laboratory and Executive Director, Electrification Hub, University of Toronto
- Ajay Kochhar, President and CEO, Co-Founder, Li-Cycle
Fasken is a full-service law firm with offices in Canada, the U.K., South Africa and China. We work with clients around the globe, offering expertise in legal issues affecting all types of industry, government and individual objectives.
About The Japan Society
The Japan Society is a Canadian national Non-for-profit organization funded by members to strengthen business, educational and cultural relations between Canada and Japan.
About Toronto Global
Toronto Global’s team of experienced business advisors is ready to help you access the most dynamic and innovative region in the world. We actively seek global companies interested in expanding to the Toronto Region and connect investors with the right opportunities that will facilitate the successful growth of their business. Your success is our business.
- 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ET - Presentation, Fireside Chat and Q&A
This program is available via webinar.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.