Open banking is the future of the financial services and FinTech ecosystem in Canada. In the past few years, we have seen many countries adopt an open banking infrastructure and now, Canada is reviewing our options to become the next country to implement such a system. Like any great change, adopting open banking will create changes and benefits for all players in the ecosystem including FinTech startups, investors, financial institutions, regulators and more. In this 1-hour panel event, we will discuss the merits of open banking, how it will impact our ecosystem and give perspective on the opportunities and potential challenges that may arise from this change.
- Senator Colin Deacon, Senate of Canada
- Peggy Van de Plassche, Managing Partner, Roar Growth
- Ben Harrison, Partner, Head of Partnerships & Policy, Portag3
- Kate Grant, Business Advisor, Fasken (Moderator)
- 12:00 pm - 12:05 pm Welcome Remarks by Will Shaw, Partner, Fasken
- 12:05 pm - 12:55 pm Panel Discussion and Q&A
- 12:55 pm - 1:00 pm Closing Remarks by Jean-François Séguin, Partner, Fasken
This event is only available via webinar.
Materials and Webinar Recording: If you are unable to attend but wish to receive the materials and webinar recording after the event, please click the "Materials and Webinar Recording" option on the registration page.