Lawyers from the USA, China, Australia, Brazil and Canada, along with a former Canadian Commissioner of Competition, will discuss competition law considerations in global mining mergers, including relevant product and geographic markets, factors taken into account in assessing competitive effects (including whether a merging party is failing), the role of efficiencies in defending such mergers, the treatment of state-owned enterprises, challenges presented by COVID-19, and clearance strategy.
- Katrina Groshinski, Partner, MinterEllison, Australia
- Janet Hui, Partner, JunHe LLP, China
- John Pecman, Senior Business Advisor, Fasken, Canada (and former Commissioner of Competition, Canada)
- Amadeu Ribeiro, Partner, Mattos Filho, Brazil
- Joshua Shapiro, Partner, Thompson Hine, USA
- Anthony Baldanza, Partner, Fasken, Canada
- 12:00 - 13:30 ET Webinar and Q&A
This webinar is complimentary
This event is only available by webinar
This programme contains a total of 16 sessions with 24 hours of accredited content for the purposes of the Law Society of British Columbia’s annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. The session has been loaded as part of a series, titled Fasken’s PDAC 2021: Toronto Mining Conference Series – March 2021 and will be available for claiming through the LSBC CPD website as of March 12, 2021.
A confirmation of participation will be sent to you for your continuing education hours with the Barreau du Québec.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.