This half-day seminar will address the legal issues and relevant case law specific to drugs and alcohol in the workplace, including a review of occupational health and safety and human rights considerations.
The speakers will review the law relevant to the legalization of recreational cannabis and how to accommodate workers who have an authorized medical cannabis license. They will also highlight how employers can practically manage drugs and alcohol in this changing legal landscape by reviewing the parameters around drug testing and zero tolerance policies.
The course focuses on:
- Understanding when and how an employer is able to test for impairment
- Tools to develop an enforceable Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Knowing your obligations for accommodating disability related to drug and alcohol addiction
This program will be conducted as a live webinar
9:30 am - 12:30 pm (ET) Program
Managers, supervisors, OHS professionals, in-house legal counsel and business owners
This half day course costs $195 + HST per registrant
Registration is now closed. If you wish to enroll in the course, please email email@example.com.
- Only credits will be offered as refunds will no longer be issued as of April 2021
- No credits will be issued for no shows
- No credits will be issued for cancellations less than 24 hours before a course
- Participants can request a one-time deferral and the credit must be used before the end of the calendar year. Requests for a deferral must be made 24 hours prior to the start of the course. If the course is only offered once that year, the credit can be applied to another OHS course within that same calendar year
- In the event that Fasken cancels a course, the participant can choose either a credit or a refund for the course amount