Workplaces across the country are evolving as Canadians reassess how, when, where and why they work. At the same time – and often in response to these trends – the laws that apply to Canadian employers are changing, creating new obligations and increased oversight of employers. It has never been so important for employers to stay up to date on workplace laws and trends.
Fasken’s National Labour, Employment and Human Rights group allows you to do just that, by offering regular webinars. These webinars feature lawyers from across Canada who provide timely updates on the key issues facing employers. Our lawyers are often joined by external experts, including mediators, adjudicators, ministry representatives and industry professionals, who bring additional insight.
Fasken has one of the largest national labour, employment and human rights practices in Canada. We’re proud to represent major federally regulated employers including banks, airlines, telecommunication companies and crown corporations as well as many significant employers in a broad range of provincially-regulated sectors such as retail, manufacturing, mining, agriculture, education, health and financial services. This broad range of experience from across the country ensures that we can offer a range of perspectives on the issues facing Canadian employers.
To register for any of our upcoming events, or to watch the recording from a past one, please click on any of the links below.
Upcoming LEHR Webinars
Stay tuned for our fall webinars.
- LEHR Webinars to Date
- Promoting Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace - September 14
- Returning to the Workplace - June 22
- Effective Workplace Investigations, Social Justice and Cancel Culture - May 26
- Effective Progressive Discipline and Performance Management: Strategies for Addressing Poor Work Performance, Behaviour and Misconduct - May 4
- Accommodating Mental Health in the Workplace During the Pandemic - April 20
- COVID-19 Vaccines and the Workplace: What Canadian Employers Need to Know - March 30
- Employment Issues for Remote Workers - February 23
- 2020, The Year in Review: Labour Relations - November 30
- 2020, The Year in Review: Employment Litigation - November 23
- 2020, The Year in Review: The Federal Sector - November 16
- 2020, The Year in Review: Human Rights - November 9
- Getting Back to Work: Guidance from the Ministry and Fasken - July 9
- Remote Work - June 3
- COVID-19 Employment Update – A Review of Workforce Planning in the Pandemic (so far) - April 21
- Are you Ready for a Pandemic? Coronavirus Planning for Canadian Employers - March 19
- Violence in the Workplace - February 11
- Best Practices for Workers' Compensation Claims Management - January 14
- A Year in Review 2019 - December 3
- We’re Rolling Now: Legalized Cannabis and the Workplace One Year Later - November 12
- Federal Sector Update 2019 - October 22
- Making Mediation Matter - June 11
- Below Expectations: Managing Behaviour and Performance in the Workplace - May 28
- Compensation & Benefits – What Employers Need to Know - May 14
- Are you Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations? - April 16
- New Year, New Rules - Ontario’s Employment Standards and Labour Relations Acts - January 15